Tuesday 23 September 2008

The frames lost from a movie when my friend and my sister blinked


This is my artistic research on the psychophysiological somatic responses to violence in films.
The video features the moments that Alejandro (my best friend) and Louiza (my sister) lost when they blinked while watching this movie.
Ofcourse it has been put in fast forward for two reasons (A) there is no website that allows me to upload a film of 1h 40 mins (unless I have the status of a director on YouTube; (B) it's faster for people to see some results (instead of watching the whole film). HOWEVER, the idea is to watch the whole film.
Pay attention to the fact that during scenes of violence and action there is less blinking, because they were very attentive.
Louiza blinks more often, probably because of her sex and also because she has had a serious brain surgery some years ago.]
This video took me approximately 50 hours... it's really detailed although you can't see it now...

Enjoy





And here is a very fast explanation of how I did 3 seconds from the movie... If you want to do 1 hour and 40 minutes then you have to start meditating...




And this is the printed version of the timeline of both Louiza's and Alejandro's Timelines. I have printed it out in order to mark the areas of density of blinking. My hypothesis is that it is more dense in the areas where little violence or action is depicted in the film. Less dense timeline is during violence. The same happens for both spectators although Louiza's timeline is per se more dense (read above my explanation). It is not wise to compare the two timelines. What I suggest is to find the moments of density in each timeline and then try to see if these periods are the same. If they are, then what is actually on the film?



Click here to see the timeline. Drag right or left...
A zoomed moment from Alejandro's timeline



No comments: